Computer Support Forum

On my Lumia 925, why do I have Blank Apps, Crashing Apps, Broken Apps?

Question: On my Lumia 925, why do I have Blank Apps, Crashing Apps, Broken Apps?

Last night my Lumia 925 randomly locked up (which it seems to do quite often) so I did a soft reset and then noticed a bunch of problems.
First I noticed a bunch of my app tiles were blank or only displaying the app name. That happens from time to time when apps are updated or decide to lose track of the day. So I tried to go in and refresh them. But a lot of them wouldn't open. Others will open but crash immediately, and others still will open and display their info but won't update their live tiles. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling some of them but it has had no effect.
In addition to apps not behaving, various settings windows won't open. I thought maybe my phone updated and the update was buggy, but I can't check because Extras+Info crashes before opening.
Also, in my app list the first 4 apps are things I did not install, and don't look normal. @{Miscrosoft.BingTranslate, @{Microsoft.MSBatterySaver, @{Microsoft.MSCalendar, and @{Microsoft.MSPodcast. Pretty sure none of those are supposed to be displaying that way.
I didn't attempt to install anything. I've been running 8.1. I don't know if there was an update pushed out last night that I didn't notice installing.
But my phone isn't working and I am frustrated.
Anyone know what's wrong or have suggestions?

02-18-2015 09:09 AM
removedtype="text/javascript">
tmntag.cmd.push(function(){ tmntag.adTag('purch_N_L_0_2',false);});
removed
  • Jibily's Avatar
    This is my question. I have been a member since October 2012 but I have never posted, though I check the site daily. I was unable to post the question with my account logged in because of the 10 post requirement, but I did not feel like I should go update/revive 10 threads just to be able to ask this. That policy is pretty ridiculous.
    I do appreciate any help though. Thanks in advance.
    02-18-2015 09:15 AM
  • charlatan1978's Avatar
    Well a hard reset is your next option.
    02-18-2015 09:16 AM
  • Jibily's Avatar
    I was hoping there might be a cure so I didn't have to kill it to get it to work again.
    And I get an error when I try to back up my settings and apps so I will definitely lose stuff if I have to resort to this. Ugh.
    02-18-2015 09:24 AM
  • removedtype="text/javascript">
    tmntag.cmd.push(function(){ tmntag.adTag('purch_N_L_0_4',false);});
    removed
    removedsrc="//labs-cdn.revcontent.com/build/revflicker.min.js">removedremoved
    new RevFlicker({
    id: 'rev-flicker',
    api_key: 'fefb35fabe91d71479f6c0d81946f3f7774cd43f',
    pub_id: 8904,
    widget_id: 16524,
    domain: 'windowscentral.com'
    });
    removed

Similar Threads

1. Why doesn't my Lumia 520 connect to a mobile network?

By Windows Central Question in forum Ask a Question
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 03-25-2015, 02:59 AM
    2. Replies: 8
      Last Post: 03-02-2015, 05:32 PM
    3. What is the activation code for the Lumia 625?

By Windows Central Question in forum Ask a Question

var t = e.parent().find(".postbitextra_optional");
    e.hide();
    t.toggleClass('expand');
    });
    removed

LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
    removedtype="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js">removedremovedtype="text/javascript"> if(typeof(window.abp)=='undefined' || window.abp==false) {
    var vm = document.createElement('script');